Criteria for entry
Certified Public Accountant
Associate (ACPA) membership is a full corporate grade of membership and is available through one of the following routes :-
- Membership of any chartered body or any other acceptable recognised professional body
- Have gained a first or post graduate degree in finance or accountancy from a recognised university
- Hold the Association Certificate of Competence along with a minimum of 10 years approved experience
- Hold the Association Certificate of Competence along with NVQ level 4 or equivalent
Fellow (FCPA) is available to anyone holding that designation with any other chartered or recognised professional body or to Associates of five or more years standing.
Associates & Fellows of the Association may use the designation “Certified Public Accountant”. Associates & Fellows who wish to use the Association’s designation and or designatory letters in connection with their practice must be in possession of a valid current Practising certificate issued by the Association.
Associate (ASPA) membership of the Society is available on meeting one of the following criterion:-
- Has gained NVQ level 4, AAT, HND, or BTEC 4 in accountancy
- Have been a principal, partner or director of a practice for not less than three years
- Have minimum of three years approved practical experience as an employee of a practice, firm or company of practising public accountants
Fellowship (FSPA) of the Society is available to Associates ten or more years experience.
Associates and Fellows of the Society may use the designation “Incorporated Practising Accountant”. Associates and Fellows who wish to use the Society’s designation in connection with their practice, must hold a current valid Practising certificate issued by the Society.