If you want to make a complaint, you should do the following:
- 1.Before making a complaint, attempt to resolve the matter directly with the CPA uk member.
- 2.Complete a member complaint form and send to :- The Chief Executive, Association of Certified Public Accountants, Onward Buildings, 207 Deansgate, Manchester M3 3NW.
All member complaints must:
- be in writing
- be supported by documentary evidence
- show the name and address of the complainant
- be signed by the complainant
Dispute resolution procedure
We will endeavour when approached to provide an informal dispute resolution procedure.
The complaints process does not investigate issues relating to fees.
Fees charged by CPA uk members are a commercial matter between the member and their clients and are outside of CPA uk jurisdiction.
Where a dispute regarding fees arises you should talk to the member about your concerns with the view to reaching a settlement.
If this fails, consider contacting an organisation which mediates commercial disputes. There is usually a cost in using mediation services.
Be aware that if you choose not to pay the member they may raise a claim against you in a court of law which you will need to defend.